Did my weekly weigh in yesterday and as you can tell from the chart, stayed the same.
I’m OK with this as I know my diet wasn’t crash hot but more importantly I have noticed an improvement in body shape. I can only really attribute this to Crossfit.
I’m not out to win Biggest Loser, just get fit, stay fit and loose the spare tyres.
So I decided I wanted to record my week 1 session. Probably wont remember all of it seeing as it was 13 days ago, but we’ll see.
* Tun laps around the grass area for about 10min. Every two laps stop for 10 pushups and 10 squats.
10 stations. First round 30secs, second round 40secs. 10 situps between each station.
This is the order that I did it in:
* Kettle ball lift up (Left). Ball between legs and lift and flick then push over head;
* Mallet on Tyre: hit a mallet on a truck tyre;
* Medicine ball pushups: pushups on a medicine ball. I couldn’t actually do any so I struggled with normal pushups;
* Row lift: weight bar and stand and pull it up, rowing fashion
* Rope flick: thick ass boat rope around a tree and had to flick it, like a towel;
* Standing chest press: push a weight bar overhead in a flick fashion;
* Pushups with Weights: hold two dumbbells, do pushup then pull up weight. Repeat each arm;
* Kettle ball lift up (right);
* Tyre Flip: Lift and flip a 6ft tyre. I managed twice in 30sec and 4 time in 40sec run.
… and ended up with a very sore and dead downy.
As you can tell I have NFI about the exercise names so feel free to correct me!
So I’ve decided to add a crossfire class to my training regime.
So for crossfit I’m giving myself a sort of 4 week trial and ties in well as the gym I go to have just started 4 rotation of classes. I’m not even sure how true this is “real” crossfire. The class is called “MaxXfit” but its killing me so it must be working!
Continue reading →
I think I may be taking this new health kick a bit extreme!
- Wondering the next time I can do some training;
- Calling it training instead of exercising;
- Eating less calories than I should in a day;
- Judging other people by what they eat/drink;
- Reading the labels of foods.
One of the reason I created this blog in the first place was to stick all my #85by35 tweets in it. As it turns out there isn’t many/any good plugins for WordPress that do this so it’s become like all my other blogs§ .. a ghost town, til now!
Anyway, I wanted to post about the progress with my new ‘get fit regime’ that I’ve called #85by35. Honestly, I didn’t except it to go the way it has and it’s a good thing it has!
I originally was typing this out as a single big post but got de-motivated half way through so now I’ll publish them in smaller chunks!
Continue reading →