So I’ve decided to add a crossfire class to my training regime.
So for crossfit I’m giving myself a sort of 4 week trial and ties in well as the gym I go to have just started 4 rotation of classes. I’m not even sure how true this is “real” crossfire. The class is called “MaxXfit” but its killing me so it must be working!
In general I exercise twice a week. I aim for 3 sessions but mostly due to family/household duties it becomes 2.
The 4 week rotation (from memory) consists of:
- Week 1: Upper body + abs + cardio
- Week 2: Lower body + abs + cardio
- Week 3: Endurance + abs + cardio
- Week 4: Complete body + abs + cardio.
If I get the motivation I’ll retrospectively add week 1.
This part personal journal, part sharing the love. Seeing I get about 2 hits a week on this blog l, I’m not really expecting anyone to read/comment on it ;)
Oh, normally the classes is outdoors but to do a bit of wind and rain, it had to be moved inside (#Perthstorms).
So the routine consisted of:
- 15min on the treadmill. 10kph, 1min on/1min off (1min incline 1.0, 1min incline 6.0).
- Timed pushups, squats, situps. 1min of each and recorded the total 
- 12 station circuit, 30sec per station with squats between each. The execises were (in the order I did them):
- Spin bike
- Bench jump
- Some running on the spot with arms on the floor (metermen or something)
- Weighted squats (holding bar w/ 20kg down and squaring)
- Rowing machine
- More weighted squats (with tubular soft weight bag over neck)
- More ‘running man’s
- Wall sit (rest back against wall and sit 90deg)
- Kettle flick (hold kettle weight between legs and flick it up — I seriously failed at this)
- Weighted lunges (bar w/ 20kg over back of neck and lunge)
- Pushups and jump over bar thing.
Post class, I was in far less pain than last week. I attribute this to the running/swimming as it used muscle groups I have already been using. Last weeks upper body use muscles I never use!
Although today my legs are a bit stiff.
1 This involved doing as many of each activity as possible for a minute and recording the results. Then every couple of sessions we are going do it again and try and beat our own numbers. Being the good geek that I am, I’m going to add mine to a Google spreadsheet and chart it. Chart is on the Get Fit page.