I thought I’d list down a few useful utilities I use for Windows on almost a daily basis!
- Notepad++ : Single-handly the best Notepad tool on Windows.
- PathCopyCopy : Copy the path of the folder/file in short/long/UNC plus a raft of other options.
- Hashtab : Quickly check the checksums (md5/sha/etc) for files/folders within a shell extensions.
- grepWin: Use text or regex based expression to mass edit files/documents etc. Also has the ability to open a file directly to the line you want! See this post here.
- FreeFileSync : I use this all the time to keep folders/files in sync between work laptop, home PC, network etc. Can be scheduled too for extra backup goodness!
The best bit, they are all ‘free to use’ for private use and most are even GPL licensed or similar!
I’ll add more as/when I think of them.